Before you start any workout and nutrition plan, it is a good idea to figure out your body type. Knowing which of the three basic body types you belong to will help you better tailor your diet and exercise plan to meet your needs, and set realistic, attainable goals that will help you fit and maintain the required stature/physique.
The Basic body types are
Now, we would discuss each body type and which daily routine suits best.
Ectomorphs tend to have a lean build, long limbs, and small muscle bellies. Even if they manage to put on weight, they may still look skinnier than they are, particularly in the calves and forearms.
People with this body type can eat piles of food and stay looking the same.
Best Daily Routine For Ectomorph
Ideally, Ectomorphs naturally gravitate toward endurance activities like running, but for a well-rounded routine, your workout sessions should include:
- Jumping lunges
- Squat jumps
- Box jumps
- Weight-based exercises
Since you have a fast metabolism, your body can handle a greater amount of carbs, you may want to focus on wholesome, fiber-rich carbs, which give you lasting energy. Try a sweet potato (rich in complex carbohydrates) topped with a bit of almond butter for satiating fat, a boiled egg (for some protein) and fruit.
The mesomorph has a middle-of-the-road build that takes the best of both worlds. It is said to be a combination of an endomorph and mesomorph. For instance, you put on muscle quickly but have a hard time trimming the fat on top. They tend to have wide shoulders, a narrow waist, relatively thin joints, and round muscle bellies. Mesomorphs can be described as the woman with the muscular athletic body type.
If you’re a mesomorph, you have a natural tendency to be fit and relatively muscular. This does not mean you go on an eating spree- where you eat everything and do nothing expecting to get away with it forever. You are able to shed the weight gained and bounce back from being out of shape more easily than the other two body types, gaining muscle and burning fat with comparative ease.
Best Daily Routine For Mesomorph
Before you exercise in the morning:
- Pre exercise snack: Eat a snack with protein and carbs. This will optimize muscle building and give you fuel to tackle your workout. Example is a container of Greek yoghurt.
- Exercises: Since you’re naturally athletic, you may already be doing strength workouts, which includes: 20 body Weight Squats, 10 Push Ups, 20 Walking Lunges, 10 Dumbbell Rows, 15 seconds Plank, 30 Jumping Jacks, and 3 x 10 Squats.
If you’re not feeling hungry afterward, grab a protein recovery drink to deliver the hydration and nutrition your muscles need.
Women with this body type put on body fat easily, which can be tough to lose. Their build is a little wider than an ectomorph or mesomorph, with a thick ribcage, wide hips, and shorter limbs.
For the Endomorphs, the upper and lower body can fall into different body types, so you may notice you either store fat in the upper region of your body or in your rear or thighs.
Best Daily Routine For Endomorph
Hard workouts will cause your body to release a lot of cortisol during recovery, stimulating your body to put on fat. What works best for this body type is a Calm and restorative workout session. Lowering the levels of cortisol: the stress hormone that prompts the body to store fat, is key. The workout session should basically be about:
- Mindfulness meditation- Here you sit quietly and focus on your breath, this been shown to help reduce morning cortisol levels, therefore reducing stress
- Pre exercise snack- You should eat a pre-exercise snack instead of going to the gym without anything in your stomach. A light bite that includes both carbs and protein, like a little vanilla protein powder stirred into coffee with a small banana will power you through without overloading on calories.
- Breakfast- Come breakfast time, choose metabolism-boosting meals. That means higher fat (avocado, nuts) and protein (eggs, Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese) and fewer carbs (oats, whole grains), which will work well for fat-burning and keep you satiated until lunch.
- Exercise- Your workout session should include moderate weights and exercises that will see you maintaining a relatively fast training pace.
Getting your heart pumping daily with some form of activity is a good idea for both health and calorie burn.
Remember to make time to invest in your mental well-being as well. Research has shown that emotional stress can impede short-term muscle recovery after exercise. This means you should do things that maximize your mental health too. For instance, Try to spend some time connecting with loved ones, according to the American Psychological Association, close relationships with loved ones help you stay calm and happy.